My name is Crystal Powell and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education and will be entering candidacy in Fall 2009. I am originally from Sylacauga, Alabama and attended a small junior college there for two years.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cooperative Learning in the Classroom

I feel that cooperative learning in the classroom is vital for student success. Many educators feel that the only way to keep an orderly classroom is to confine students to their desks for the length of the period. This gives way to numerous missed opportunities! Group work not only allows students to develop healthy social habits, but also allows them to apply what is covered in class to an interesting activity. Many children find it difficult to understand concepts taught in lecture and learn more when they are able to bounce ideas off of other students.

No comments: