My name is Crystal Powell and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education and will be entering candidacy in Fall 2009. I am originally from Sylacauga, Alabama and attended a small junior college there for two years.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Positive Expectations

I believe that it is very important for teachers to have positive expectations of their students. These expectations should start at the very first day and continue throughout the year. When students are made to feel like someone truly wants them to succeed, they will work hard to satisfy that person. These positive expectations also foster positive self esteem for the students. Something as simple as an encouraging word can motivate a student to go beyond the basic expectations and emerge as a star student. Overall, positive expectations in the classroom make for a happy teacher and happy students.

No comments: